Saturday, May 25, 2024

Hadn’t been posting much

 Sometimes you can get so busy that you lose out on the time and don’t get a chance to do anything with your life except work. I have been extremely fortunate for the last twenty five years to be able to make enough money utilizing the least amount of time which allowed me to travel and spend a lot of time focusing on my favorite activities of fishing and hiking and camping.  Three years ago I accepted a position as an engineer at one of the largest companies in America.  This was a result of Hewlett-Packard selling off the company’s software division wherein I had become a principal consultant. That role evaporated because while HP allowed for independent consultation and partnership between them and other entities the company that bought them doesn’t.  I have a number of friends who have left doing business with that company because their rates are so low that you can’t afford to work for them.  I fell into that category so I had to go back to my engineering roots that doesn’t allow me to make the same amount of money and demands more time.  So since then I have posted very little on my blog.  I only just recently started posting things because someone reminded me that I had a lot of experience in multiple areas that someone would benefit greatly from.  So I’m going to make an effort to post something regularly and I will catch up with a number of posts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment