Wednesday, September 1, 2021

My second to the youngest grandsons first trout

 My two grandsons used to spend many summers, spring breaks, Christmas holidays and just about every other holiday and several weekends each year fishing a number of creeks and mostly 


The Toccoa River in northern Georgia.  They used spinning casters and occasionally I'd let them try a fly rod though after they totally wrapped up the lines into a tangled mess I would point them back to their spinning casters.  Much of the time they'd get bored with not catching much and soon be doing more swimming and playing than fishing.  Occasionally I would take them to a trout farm and they would spend a couple hundred of my dollars in fishing in those ponds.  Kacen has been trying to get the hang of fly fishing and I took him to a large lake and he would improve his skills catching little panfish.  This summer he finally got the hang of fishing in fast moving water.  It's a whole different story and the needed technical skills differ from all other types of fishing.  After a couple of hours he finally landed a nice little brown.  His excitement and optimism peaked after he landed it.  I was just about as excited about it as he was,  years of taking time to get them out on the water paid off with his ear to ear grin holding his first trout caught with a fly rod.  Great job K-Man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment