Monday, December 17, 2018


Sometimes I just enjoy the opportunity to see someone who hasn’t ever put a line into the cold vibrant streams that are what you have experienced in North Georgia.  Having fished all over the country from the Delaware River in the east to the Mercede in the west I consider the various and numerous streams of this area the finest in the country.  Recently I had the opportunity to introduce a newby to my world.  I had teased my friend by showing multiple pictures and sharing stories of the wondrous days on the water.  I picked a day that I thought would be a great one after watching the birds at my feeders, a method that I have found which indicates by the numbers of different species that show up enmass, tuning the time to when the most were feeding.  After suiting up and getting flies attached we spent the next two hours casting with no success! Wouldn’t you know it! The trout had lockjaw. Several other hardcore people who I’ve noted in the section of a stream that I usually take beginners came by asking if I had a bite! They had been on the water most of the day without even a nibble.  I wish that every time I took a person that I wished to introduce to the sport that we had a fabulous experience, but then it would be catching and not fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment