Monday, October 15, 2018

Guiding clients on upper Toccoa


Getting back on the the list again with my favorite fishing guide Natalie Sharp and guiding some great water this last month was great.   Water level is way down but fish were there to be had.  My client for the day was brand new to the fly fishing experience,  he'd never been before and after a quick casting lesson he was anxious to get on the water.  Natalie had set up several rods in her customary method, unfortunately I don't do well using a strike indicator and in slow water the fish can in my experience can see the indicators and they get lock jaw.  After about 30 minutes of making decent presentations and getting no strikes I recommened that my client try to use my method of fishing without an indicator, fortunately he was up for it and I had already set up my TFO with a fly.   After about 15 minutes of getting used to the new setup he had his first fish on. No not a big fish, just a little guy about 12 inches long.  About a half hour later though he was fighting a 20+ fish and we netted him and he was more excited then a kid in a candy store.   He hooked several big fish during the remaining two hours that were in the 25+ inch range,  but these bigger fish are harder to land.  All in all a great day on the water and my client said that he was coming back and bringing his family members to experience the joys of trout fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment